Mystery Picture

Fri Dec 28 09:22:10 EST 2012

On 12/28/2012 6:51 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> The location is given as Troutville and the engine is 2123.

Rick,
Both pictures were definitely taken at Cloverdale. The V/V one
being just north of the siding and south of State Route 604. What is
interesting is that both are of the same engine. So, I would think they
were both taken the same day and most likely were indeed a planned event.
Can you contact me off forum? My email address is: bigjim10 at ntelos.net

/"//there was some question whether the borrowed transparencies were
ever returned to the railroad."/

I do know for a fact that the transparency for the 602 on the
turntable at Shaffer's Crossing was returned or V/V had a copy made and
used it. The reason I know this is because I borrowed this positive in
order to have a negative made so that I could have a large print made to
give my father a present for being my Best Man at my wedding. The only
reason the N&W let me borrow the positive was because I was using a very
well know photographer to do the work. I still have the negative today.

Jimmy Lisle