An Anvil Made from N&W Rail

Tue Jul 3 12:28:39 EDT 2012

I also have an anvil made from N & W rail. It was made at Clare Yd in Cincinnati Oh. probably in the thirties or forties. I belive it was made by my grandfather, it appears to be hand made, it looks like all hand filing on it. It is aprox 6 inches tall and there aren't any markings on the rail that are visible. I think he made it for his personal use. All of the engines needing running repairs coming up the peavine stopped at Clare. My grandfather was the roundhouse foreman and died in the late forties, 1949 I believe.