440 on the Pole Line - How Long, and Where? (NW Mailing List)

Wed May 16 11:36:20 EDT 2012

4400 volt power line (NOT 440) on Bristol Line and Hagerstown Line retirement
started in late 1980's when electronic track circuits replaced DC circuits.
Yes, with the emergence of DC many local power feeds had taken over
anyway.  Retirement was completed in mid-90's but many of the poles still remain
in place.  I doubt the wire remains but have no way of telling from here.  I
don't think I can find out where the substations were.  Maybe that info is in
NWHS archives somewhere.
John Marbury
Buford, GA