Y6b shrill whistle

Thu Apr 29 21:44:31 EDT 2010

The Shrill whistle is a side effect of the hooter whistle, sometimes the
engineer could capture the whistle into it.

This is also on Link's Thunder on Blue Ridge recording. It makes sound
listening to these engines more ghostly. I like it, I have the Broadway
Y6b also. I tweaked the whistle to the one without the double hoot end,
then when I get running, I set the throttle to the alternate whistle on
a function pushbutton, and if I am off on a run in the middle of the
mountains, off we go on the shriller.

-Lynn-