Roanoke Branch line

Fri Feb 1 14:04:00 EST 2008

I grew up in Roanoke in old southwest, too. I believe the branch through
Wasena came off the "Punkin Vine " line near Franklin Road then followed the river
through Wasena, upriver under Memorial Bridge, through Norwich, past Walker
Machine& Foundry, then across the river and into the West Roanoke Yard . As far
as I know, the line is still there. About three years ago, I saw a MW train
maintaining the right of way just behind the old ice plant in Wasena when I was
"home" on a visit and walking with my wife along the opposite river bank.
\
JB Farley