Roanoke Branch line

Fri Feb 1 16:13:56 EST 2008

That seem to be right ....I knew the Middle but not each end ...Thanks to all who responded...Ken T
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: Roanoke Branch line

I grew up in Roanoke in old southwest, too. I believe the branch through Wasena came off the "Punkin Vine " line near Franklin Road then followed the river through Wasena, upriver under Memorial Bridge, through Norwich, past Walker Machine& Foundry, then across the river and into the West Roanoke Yard . As far as I know, the line is still there. About three years ago, I saw a MW train maintaining the right of way just behind the old ice plant in Wasena when I was "home" on a visit and walking with my wife along the opposite river bank.
\
JB Farley