"The Cannonball"

Sat Jun 18 11:11:34 EDT 2005

Harry,

Would you please contact me off-line at dave at dglambert.com to discuss the
"dope sheets" from JAX in your collection?

Thanks,

Dave Lambert

  _____

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:33 PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Re: "The Cannonball"

Cal:

"CR" means crew reported - 9:05 for the train crew; 8:35 for the engine
crew.

"X" - Express

"M" - Mail

"R" - RPO (Railway Post Office)

"DH" - Deadhead

"PB" - Passenger & Baggage (a.k.a. combine)

"P" - Coach

Dave:

Probably the only other N&W consist I have is from "The Lady Bird Special"

which operated Petersburg - Norfolk - Suffolk - ACL in October, 1962.  It
isn't

handy, but I'll try to retrieve it.

During my tenure on the Jacksonville Terminal, I kept the "Dope Sheets".
These

were mimeographed sheets distributed to employees showing inbound trains

and switching instructions.  It was published 3 times daily.  It's offered
here to show

that N&W equipment some times went far afield.

JX F FLORENCE SC - DEC. 19 1964

75 ENGS UNKNOWN

EX PRR 9703    JAX.

EX N&W 131     JAX

MS NKP 8503    JAX

MS N&W 1410   JAX

MS SOU 6461    JAX

MS RFP   183    JAX

PO RFP    105    JAX

EX SOU    512    JAX

BG NH     5609   JAX

CH LAKE EMMA JAX

CH MCCLENENVILLE JAX

CH WM ISLER     JAX

CH ACL 1113       JAX

CH ACL 1046       JAX

CH ROMNEY       JAX

SP 9004 (A-141)   JAX

 . . . . 17 CARS . . . .6PM

Incidentally, did anyone note the engineer assigned to No. 21 on Aug. 20 '63
?

Frank -- I've never seen any "signal 98's" at the archives, but that doesn't

mean they aren't there.

Harry Bundy