"The Cannonball"

Thu Jun 16 19:33:07 EDT 2005

Cal:
"CR" means crew reported - 9:05 for the train crew; 8:35 for the engine  crew.
"X" - Express
"M" - Mail
"R" - RPO (Railway Post Office)
"DH" - Deadhead
"PB" - Passenger & Baggage (a.k.a. combine)
"P" - Coach

Dave:
Probably the only other N&W consist I have is from "The Lady Bird  Special"
which operated Petersburg - Norfolk - Suffolk - ACL in October, 1962.   It
isn't
handy, but I'll try to retrieve it.

During my tenure on the Jacksonville Terminal, I kept the "Dope  Sheets".
These
were mimeographed sheets distributed to employees showing inbound  trains
and switching instructions.  It was published 3 times daily.   It's offered
here to show
that N&W equipment some times went far afield.

JX F FLORENCE SC - DEC. 19 1964
75 ENGS UNKNOWN
EX PRR 9703    JAX.
EX N&W 131     JAX
MS NKP 8503    JAX
MS N&W 1410   JAX
MS SOU 6461    JAX
MS RFP   183    JAX
PO RFP    105    JAX
EX SOU    512    JAX
BG NH     5609   JAX
CH LAKE EMMA JAX
CH MCCLENENVILLE JAX
CH WM ISLER     JAX
CH ACL 1113       JAX
CH ACL 1046       JAX
CH ROMNEY       JAX
SP 9004 (A-141)   JAX

 . . . . 17 CARS . . . .6PM

Incidentally, did anyone note the engineer assigned to No. 21 on Aug.  20 '63
?
Frank -- I've never seen any "signal 98's" at the archives, but that  doesn't
mean they aren't there.

Harry Bundy