Last Steam Question

Fri Apr 1 23:06:15 EST 2005

Ken,

I have the last two month's steam dispatchments from each point on the N & W
where locomotives were dispatched during the waning years (also electrics
for Bluestone).  This info is handwritten on three N & W G4 sheets.  The
sheets are unsigned, and I do not recall where I got them.  The two best
bets are Art Bixby or Mr. Pond's personal files.

The earliest phase out listed is Eckman with 109 dispatchments in May 1950,
56 in June 1950, and 0 in July 1950 (also, 15292 system dispatchments in May
1950).

The last phase out listed is Williamson with 135 dispatchments in April
1960, 15 in May 1960, and 0 in June 1960 (also, 15 system dispatchment in
May 1960).

Other points listed (in chronological order) are: Pulaski, Wilcoe, Durham,
Clare, Kinney, Shenandoah, Winston-Salem, Bristol, Richlands, Kenova,
Radford, Norton, Columbus, Portsmouth, Crewe, Petersburg, Shaffers, Lamberts
Pt., Bluefield, Weller Yard, and Iaeger.

I'll try to scan these sheets and send them to you in the next day or so.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 2:20 PM
Subject: Last Steam Question