couplers

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Sep 4 10:37:14 EDT 2024

Jim,Kadee makes a #178 that is a semi-scale head couple designed to go in a scale width box.  This is a complete box and coupler combination.  I have used them on Genesis Trinity 5161 covered hoppers that also have the narrow draft gear box and they work great.  The scale head KD's work with your standard #5 couplers just fine.
Other option is a Sergent scale coupler.  I think the company has changed names, but should be able to find it in a Google search.  They make accurate, scale couplers that operate in a prototypical manner.  They are not compatible with a KD #5 but will couple with a semi-scale KD like a #58.
Josh Blevins Charlotte, NC