N&W RPOs M1

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Aug 2 12:34:14 EDT 2024

A few of you know, this is on my short list to 3d model and print. I did
complete the car side last year, and decided I would prefer to make a
complete car rather than attach a car side to an inaccurate donor core. I
sort of stopped because I wasn't sure how to model the complex curves of
the roof ends, but that has been resolved. If you can be patient, maybe I
can knock it out after I finish my major caboose project. (painting and
detailing a bunch of brass CF/CH/C3 cabins)

[image: image.png]

I did a couple test prints, but didn't support it well enough which led to
the close corner warping that you see below.
However, you can see that it prints very well overall, and with better
supports this would be a non-issue.

[image: image.png]

Mike Rector