Proposal

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 2 13:25:32 EDT 2024

Firmly in PART of the steam era. I model 1934 and have seen the MRH poll pointing out 20-30% of modelers in pre-1940 era.

This probably will be a great choice for a model, but I am constantly reminding/educating modelers and manufacturers that the steam era is literally 1829-onwards and while most current day modelers are post 1950 due to personal experience/nostalgia, many modelers who never experienced the prototype steam era might start exploring earlier eras especially with new technologies allowing more obscure models.  Maybe we need to categorize early (4-4-0 and before), golden (2-6-0 to 2-8-2), transition (diesel emerges), and late steam (diesel dominant) generations?

This car is for transition+ steam generations.

Just a thought.

Sent from Dave Bott's iPhone