Bachmann Js

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 1 16:16:40 EST 2024

Jim,

I can’t speak to the model of the J with DCC, but I have their newer 2-8-0 and a couple 4-6-2’s from just about five years ago and they “aren’t your father’s Oldsmobile” to quote the old advertisement. The newer ones with DCC/sound seem very good. I had one of the old Bachmann J611 models, which left a lot to be desired before it quit. The newer Bachmann engines (both HO and N-scale) seem considerably better than the last generation of models we knew in the 1980s. I also have their Amtrak ALC-42 diesel model (HO). I think they’re going to give Athearn and others a run for their money if they keep this trend.

Phil Miller