NS 12 Indiana

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Nov 12 17:53:25 EST 2023

 NS 12 was originally D1 diner number 491, built by Pullman Standard in 1949 for the Powhatan Arrow. In 1974 Roanoke rebuilt it as a 10 single room, 5 toilet and shower car with no wndows on the bedroom side and numbered it 450. Because of the no window side, wags nicknamed it the "Elkhorn Tunnel." Obviously NS has further modified it by giving it eight windows on the bedroom side (which implies that it is no longer 10 single rooms, but I don't know its present configuration.).
Jim Nichols