Ed King book

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Feb 7 22:10:51 EST 2023

Ed,
The "Big Ivy" was also published as a hardback. I have a copy in my library. Very good read.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

    On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 09:04:57 PM CST, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

 Two of my own favorites are "The Big Ivy" by James McCague and "Set Up Running" by Orr.  The first one was published in paperback and may be difficult to find.  The second is hardback and was published more recently.One of the great classics is "The Boomer" by Harry Bedwell.  Anything you can find by Bedwell is worth reading.There was a hardcover book published in the 1940s, I believe called Headlights and Markers  which has a lot of excellent reading; my favorite is a story called "A Little Action" which chronicles a day in the life of a train dispatcher back in the days before CTC and is a really good read.Unfortunately, in the past twelve years I have developed a case of macular degeneration which has rendered me unable to read a magazine or a book.  I can use a computer only because I have a 32-inch curved monitor and microsoft's cute little magnifyer.But I've read and relished all of those books but must be content with my memories of them.I am flattered and gratified by the interest in my little book and hope folks enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.Best - Ed King