Cooper Building Pemberton WV

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 2 15:01:57 EST 2023

Hi Mike

I don’t have certain answers for your questions, but some observations.

I suspect that this building was a store for someone named Cooper.

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=177372

Leads to the valuation map for Pemberton, and property No. 43 was purchased from T. L. and W. F. Cooper in 1916, 2 years before the building drawings.

Once the railroad purchased the property, it was either leased back to the Cooper family, or taken by the railroad. The note says it was a Section Foreman’s house.

If the railroad did indeed convert it to a section foreman’s house, it was likely painted in the standard VGN orange and white trim.

Best
Ken Miller