Leadville Designs H9 Hopper Kits

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Aug 9 20:49:28 EDT 2022

 Don: Maybe not an article on the H9, but I might do a clinic.
Jim Nichols
    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 06:39:02 PM EDT, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

 The solution is probably 3D printing.I wish I had more time to devour to this, as I would definitely tackle a couple hooters. I am a hobbyist and very new to 3D modeling so it takes me too long. I have 3 projects underway now.  And 1 additional planned. Those will take me through the end of the year for sure.
I'D like to do a hopper or two, a CF and an M1 RPO.  But it will be a while before I start for sure.  I don't quite have the level of experience to create a perfect model, but hopefully I will get there someday.

There are a lot of guys doing these on Facebook 3D modeling and printing groups. It would be worthwhile if we could find someone (not me) who would create the file for a fee and give it freely to be printed by anyone after completed.  The problem being that most of these guys are doing what I am doing and creating their own stuff for their own favorite roads, and probably don't have time to create a model. I don't have a good feeling for what they would charge or something like that, but I would expect it to be more than $1,000. The thing is, if you could get 10 people to kick in say $150, they could then print unlimited number of hoppers for around $5.00 bucks worth of resin each. (Then you need paint and decals and trucks, although people are starting to create trucks in resin, too). It's not perfect, but if you compare the cost against 10 BLI hoppers, it's about the same price.
Mike Rector