H2A Questions

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Nov 10 22:29:07 EST 2021

Evan,

I'm not sure about 1960, but the switch to 24" letters happened during
H2a production, so you would want the 17" lettering on the cars with
lower numbers, like 15500 here
(https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2074).

>From a modeling perspective, there is one easy spotting feature to
distinguish between the H2a and H2/H3, seen in these two views of the
ends:

https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2066

https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2068

Jim Laney