heavyweight passenger cars

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Aug 29 16:10:07 EDT 2021

Hello,I have two Athearn heavyweight passenger cars.  I have painted them maroon but am reconsidering and would like a bit of color information. One is a baggage/mail car with a wide door and a narrower door with no other windows.  The other looks very much like the Chilhowie Sleeper car NW09130Both cars are 72 feet long.I may paint in VGN or N&W.

What would be the Virginian passenger car color:  outside Pullman green?, inside and roof.The other two VGN cars I have are Pullman green so I guess they need to match.
or the N&W passenger car color:  I guess maroon outside, inside tan? and roof brown?  black?

The question marks are mine.
Thank you all so much.
Mike Shockley