Ed King's book - Memoirs of an Appalachian Railroad Man

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Aug 28 11:51:29 EDT 2021

All,

I have just pre-ordered my copy of Ed King's book, *Memoirs of an
Appalachian Railroad Man.  *It is my understanding the Society is still
short of enough orders to proceed with the publication of this work.

As a former Editor, Publications Chairman and Board member of the NWHS, I
am asking each of you to order a copy of Ed's book.  Although the book
deals with a fictional character, I am certain it is based on real events
that happened on the railroad.  Ed's writing style is second to none, and
his first hand experiences are truly irreplaceable.  I'm sure he has
changed the names to protect the innocent, or guilty!

I'm sure you all have been following Glenn Fisher's "High Noon on the N&W"
series in *The Arrow*.  Glenn's articles are technically fiction; but they
contain so many actual facts and anecdotes that when reading them, I feel
like I am standing trackside with him in August 1955.

I'm certain Ed's book will be not only entertaining, but very informative
regarding the N&W of years past that we all love.

Remember, the Society benefits more financially from its own products; your
purchase of Ed's book will help generate funds for further Society use.

So what do you say?

Stay safe everyone.

Jim Brewer