C-3 red paint scheme question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Nov 10 00:08:47 EST 2020

I have a factory painted, unlettered, Division Point C-3 like in the photo
attached.  It's incorrectly painted red on the steps and platforms (should
be black).  Were the roof and running boards also red?  What color model
paint is close to the red used in the mid 60s when these were repainted from
as-delivered scheme and prior to the blue with yellow/red safety stripes?

While I like the blue scheme better, I have a blue C31 that can be used to
represent late 60s into mid 70s.  Since I'm modeling a freelanced version of
the Abingdon Branch into the early 70s, I can likely get by with no NW
schemes.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/