old Rivarossi engines and large flanges

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Aug 21 10:34:28 EDT 2020

I have seen this done by replacing the drivers on the Y6b with the next
largest diameter Rivarossi drivers which I think were from the B&O 2-10-2.
The replacement drivers had their flanges turned down.  Because the
Rivarossi drivers were undersized in diameter (due to oversize flanges), the
diameter of the replaced drivers looked right. This was done by Courtney
Bennington of Winchester, VA.  He had the tooling and the skills to do it.
Downside was that the Y6b sat too high above the rails, especially looking
at the pilot.  This was in the 1970's when you could buy all the driver
assemblies you needed for not much money.  I remember Gilbert's in
Gettysburg having a large stock of Rivarossi AHM parts.

--Rick Morrison