Scratch building

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 26 12:08:36 EDT 2020

I ran into a similar problem scratch building a station for a friend. It is a GN station with unique 9 over 6 windows. I couldn’t find anything commercially made that I could modify. So I ended up building up the windows in CAD and printing them on a 3-d printer for the HO parts. The mullions are oversized as my printer can only get down to about 1.5 HO inches. Where there were multiple windows in the bay window, I created them as one piece with a single hole in the wall to accept it. If you don’t have access to a printer (I’m told that some libraries have them now) there are companies that will print your parts.

Don Trettel