Decoder question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 19 17:05:48 EDT 2020

I want to equip an older Y6 with DCC/sound, sugar cube speaker in the
smokebox and hi-bass speaker in the tender.  What's a good decoder choice
with accurate hooter whistle and articulated exhaust?  I know this is a
subjective question but a variety of answer's is what I'm after.

I've never done a sound installation so any suggestions re: a parts list,
including hook up wire and engine/tender connector is welcomed.  I'll be
buying parts from DCC Installs in Georgia (Rick Bell is a long-time friend);
I've already asked him to look into this.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/