Converting Broadway Y6b to Y6a ... how easy?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 6 17:19:52 EST 2020

I'd like to convert 1 of my Broadway Y6b's to an "a".  I've not studied
differences closely (yet) so haven't made the yes/no decision to move
forward.  Other than the "elephants in the room" changes (replacing the left
side pumps with a feedwater heater, adding the 2nd pump on the right,
removing the fwh ahead of the stack, changing some piping/air tanks, etc.)
can this conversion be done using the same boiler, cab, pilot and running
gear?  I have a brass FWH for the left side and can get other parts from
Cal-Scale/Bowser or ebay so necessary parts are easily available and lesser
parts can be scratchbuilt.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/