Key Class K tenders

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 6 10:36:44 EST 2020

Hello Roger,

There was one 16k tender with a straight frame and two 18k tenders, a
fish belly frame and a cast "water-bottom." Key modeled the Class K3
with the 16k tender and modeled the Class K1 with two tenders, the 18k
water-bottom tender and the ex-C&O/PM 22k tender.

Other than the fish belly frame added for the extra length and load, the
18k fish belly tender looked like a stretched 16k tender, confusing some
model builders. Custom Brass took the 18k fish belly tender behind their
Class Y3 model and tried to bash it into a 16k tender by simply putting
a (long) straight frame under it for their Class Y2[a] model. NWSL did
the reverse, putting a (short) fish belly frame under a 16k tender to
look like an 18k tender for their late Class E2a model.

Grant Carpenter