Ex-Virginian Coach in Norfolk?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Sep 17 11:05:42 EDT 2019

Phil

I cannot speak definitively to the photo.

But I can assure you that there was also a former VGN coach, number escapes me right now, that was in static service at the 110th Street Yard in Cleveland. I was told about it, and when I went to a meeting of Tourist Railroad Association in Bellevue in 1986 and was driving back to Cleveland to catch my flight, I made a detour to go by there. I had been warned it was a combat zone and not get out of the car. It was a Sunday afternoon, and I figured what the heck, and drove down there. Behind a chain link fence with concertina wire was indeed the car, maybe 203(?) but the jewel was you could begin to see the Virginian lettering coming back through the paint. The effort was underway to save the car when some of the lovely locals burned it. I do have a few slides of it, as I did not stay long.

Ken Miller