Ex-Virginian Coach in Norfolk?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Sep 16 20:05:13 EDT 2019

In Lloyd D. Lewis' 1992 book "The Virginian Era" he states that "stories
surface occasionally about one of the 10 1921-vintage, Pullman-built
200-series steel coaches still in Norfolk Southern MofW service." In the
early-mid 1990's, the NWHS arranged a tour of Lambert's Point near Norfolk.
In the area where their MW equipment was being serviced, there was one
former passenger car which strangely has what appear to have been end
windows plated over. I wish I could have taken more photos of it but we were
moving along smartly.

When comparing the photos of this car to the Virginian coaches, they look
very similar, although this car has A/C ducts on it (added?). Could this car
be the one mentioned in Lewis' book?

Does anyone have an idea of which VGN coach this could potentially have
been?

Phil Miller