EXTERNAL: Re: DP Blues

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Apr 21 12:40:54 EDT 2019

Eric:

The latest on the Kohs models is that He has not delivered the  O Scale Big Boy and It’s been 6 1/2 years and still no model in site. He’s taken 2 deposits of $4000.00. Some reservation holders have had to threaten or in the process of suing Kohs to get there deposits back.

It is going now on 7 years with only a tender to show for all this time. The outcome does not look good. It is believed that he may ask for deposit for other projects to pay for the UP BB Like the N&W class A. As badly as I want a couple of the O Class As,  I will not put a deposit on any project until he finishes the BB. Buyers beware!

If the VGN PA and cars were to be done. UTI would be the one to do the project. They would be more apt to do the projects correctly, especially the painting. DP has a major problem of doing paint colors. I have a DP N&W coach that I am totally embarrassed to show anyone as it is that bad of a paint color.

The problem with DP is that he does not tell the price of a project and you do not know what you will get until you receive it, unlike UTI which has the price on their site for the 10-6 cars.

In brass there are certain railroad groups that do not support brass projects --- L&N  group or one. It’s doubtful that there is enough support the these VGN Projects.  I had placed an order for the VGN PA and cars, and would do it again.

Stephen Rineair