DP Blues

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Apr 21 17:57:08 EDT 2019

I don't disagree with anything Eric says, I'll just note the DP PA saga was
quite a few years ago. The brass market today is very different: very few
importers, fewer dealers, fewer 'basement bombers', fewer manufacturers,
fewer customers, and significantly higher costs/prices for new pieces.

I actually started 'scratchbuilding' a PA after I gave up on DP, based on a
PFM SRR PS-4 mechanism. I decided life was too short and parked it. There
are some key fittings and appliances on a PA that are not available in
castings, like the Prime cylinder relief valves. They drove me crazy, not
being an accomplished machinist.

So, I run a VGN passenger set with an MB. :)

Bill

*Bill McClure*
*www.billmcclure.smugmug.com* <http://www.billmcclure.smugmug.com>

*www.mcclureimages.com <http://www.mcclureimages.com>*