Bored with steam

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 23 23:02:05 EST 2019

 Ken: I used to think I had to scratchbuild because I couldn't afford brass. Then I found out I could do custom work for others, charge reasonable fees, save my money, and buy brass, with less labor than I would have used to scratchbuild. But that was before brass got so expensive. And I can't believe what plastic costs now - even cars! So now I am back to kitbashing (and "bottom feeding" on ebay for things to bash) I also bought engines that would be good starting points, such as a Bachmann C&O H4 as a starting point for a Z1a. But I still haven't done the first one. But I have accumulated a lot of starting material. Maybe someday! But for us kitbashers, there is a lot more N&W appropriate material than there used to be, particularly tenders.
Jim Nichols