N&W T6 project

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 2 09:03:52 EST 2019

Jim,

I hope you can post how you remoter this model.  I have one to do as well.  I have thought about using the original chassis and remoter and also have an Atlas S4 chassis.  My problem is the modifications to the ALCO Shell to fit the Atlas.

As for sound I have settled on ESU Loksound.  I use CVP Easy DCC and have had no problems programming ESU.  I have had problems programming Soundtraxx.  I also have a Lokprogrammer as well.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 2:21 PM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:
>
> My first conversion to battery ops will be an Alco Models T-6.  I have NWSL can motor and Delrin U-joint kits and plan to install the most accurate sound decoder.  I’ve heard the online audio sample for Loksound’s small Alco (sounds pretty good) but need to hear from y’all re: other suppliers.  Ease of CV programming is a must … the CVP T5000 throttle can handle all major decoders but I’ve read that Loksound requires “different” programming than WOW and TSU.
>
> Your comments, please.  If I can make this basket case model into something to be proud of, I’ll go hunting for a 2nd and run them back to back.
>
> Jim King
> www.smokymountainmodelworks.com <http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/>

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC