S1/S1a

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Nov 28 09:04:14 EST 2018

Mike I have seen several articles on the internet for making tender pick-ups for the P2K 0-8-0. Haven't done any  but from what they say it makes the engine a whole lot better. The old Mainline Modeler magazine had several articles on N&W/C&O 0-8-0's with drawings. Shouldn't be too hard to modify the tender into the ex-C&O versions, mainly the coal bunker, but an S-1a would need a scratchbuilt tender. The cab is a different story. There is a notch cut out in the lower front and the ex-C&O engines had different roof lines and handrails.Since the P2K isn't made anymore, buying two more isn't crazy at all! Jim Kehn  -----Original Message-----