Coal operations

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Oct 30 17:19:33 EDT 2018

Folks,

Anything needed for the mines was hauled in and out rail. Supplies of all kinds were brought in like fuel oils, merchandise for  the company stores and equipment.

On my Pokey division we do haul a lot of coal during a session using two working loadouts. It is nifty to see the coal trains work around the hopper trains and merchandise trains. Yes I do incorporate many time freights to keep the interest up of the crews working the yards like Roanoke and large industries.

I also have incorporated a version of the Celanese plant ( yes it is a VGN business) a small version of paper plant and the steel business around Ironton. Those who know my version of  the Pokey I do have a huge brewery that keeps 3 folks busy. Yes it is out of place but we do enjoy this business.

Another facet of doing the "Pokey" is to have the large Y's, A's and other steam working the division. I do have some diesel power with electrics working the VGN side. Jawn Henry is still rolling on l=my Pokey.

Anyone around  the Chicago metro area or traveling through stop over and run a train or two.

Mike Ritschdorff