Update on the Springmill Depot preorder of N&W Caboose

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jul 21 12:58:14 EDT 2018

Roger Huber writes:

"They're good guys caught in the Asian way of doing things. Just have patience and keep an eye on your mail box."

It would be interesting to have the following deal on the table --

Option 1 -- Asian-manufactured caboose at lower price, delivery date indeterminate, possibly years in the future.

Option 2 -- US-manufactured caboose at higher price, delivery date established, slippage perhaps a handful of months.

I have zero insight on what the true price differential might be, but my guess would be in the 30% range, with cheap Asian labor more than offsetting the shipping costs and hassles of doing business in Asia. If so, it is interesting to contemplate how many of us might choose Option 2 for this type of model....

Regards,

Bob Chapman