VGN Caboose.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 3 13:44:29 EDT 2018

Hello Kevin The C-1 project is still rolling along (no pun intended) and we hope to hear from the manufacturer soon. There has been no release date as of yet. The manufacturer wants this to be the best possible kit as he is also a member as well. We will have plenty to go around. ThanksDean Taylor Vice President Norfolk and Western historical society

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> Date: 7/3/18  9:23 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> Subject: VGN Caboose.

I am very excited to hear about all the hard work going on behind the scenes at the Society ... on changes to the Arrow, increase in emphasis of the Arrow on the archive holdings, an update on the focus of the society as whole, and the re-emphasis of activates surrounding the large contingent of members who are modelers which includes getting new N&W/VGN prototypical products to the market.That brings to mind a project that was announced last year about this time. Is there any news about the laser cut kit of the VGN C1 Caboose? I believe the last I heard it was still in development; but, that some further news/announcement was to be communicated at the convention in Spencer. I am by profession in manufacturing myself and understand these things can take time especially when many involved have “real” jobs and these efforts are volunteer based. However, is there any update? I am more than happy to wait and be patient ... I’m curious with all the talk about upcoming product releasesLastly, I will say I truly appreciate the efforts of all involved bringing their new energies to the effort of sustaining, growing, and improving the society. You add much to the enjoyment of my hobby. Thank you!Kevin ByrdChesterfield, VA