EXTERNAL: N&W / CW MOW crane

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Apr 4 11:24:55 EDT 2018

David:

Just in case you haven’t tried the Photoshop route on your old photos, do a scan of one of your negatives (or have one done; many local camera shops are equipped to do very high resolution scans of negatives, transferred to a CD), and let me see if I can pull any detail out of the murk.  You should get the highest resolution scans you can, but I can’t handle files larger than ~75Mbytes.  And my email filters knock out files larger than ~20MB, so if you go over that we’ll have to figure out how to FTP the file between us.

Don’t bother trying to scan photographic prints—the printing process always loses ~3 orders of magnitude of dynamic range that the negative would have captured, so it’s usually not worth the bother.

No promises, but I might be able to help.

-Eric
eric.h.bott at leidos.com