N&W / CW MOW crane

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Apr 4 10:57:52 EDT 2018

I am seeking information, photos, drawings... for the MOW crane that the
Chesapeake Western Railway used to have.  Numbered #3 on the CW, it was
#13021 on the N&W, built by American Hoist & Derrick Co, an American Eagle
model.  Digging through the CW archives at JMU, I've found a Serial Number,
AE-125, Model 127.  The Ken Miller at the NWHS archives has found one photo
of 13021 from 1946, and a Mech Drawing of the Gear Housing for 7 1/2 Ton
American Eagle Cranes No.'s 13042, 13061, and 13064, but I understand that
any other information the Society might have has not seen the light of day
(yet).  The Minnesota Historical Society has a 1931 AH&D Co. catalog
showing an American Eagle product that is showing some of the same details,
but appears to be much older than the N&W / CW unit.  In my younger days 45
years ago, I took a brief, all too brief, series of photos of the crane
thinking I had captured the information I might want some day.  I was
mistaken, the lighting was terrible.

Does anyone else have photos or documents of the CW MOW crane from the 70's
or the N&W units?

David Ray
Winchester, VA