NW Dynamometer car

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun May 29 10:51:55 EDT 2016

Brown roofs were standard on passenger cars until the mid-1950's. So were green trucks. Anybody who tells you different does not know what he is talking about. I WAS THERE!
Jim Nichols

    On Sunday, May 29, 2016 12:25 AM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

  <!--#yiv3077948156 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}-->As far as painting the carbody goes you might want to keep in mind that N&W had a habit of painting things like door kickplates and the like black. This link will show you what I am talking about...
https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns1720.jpeg

>Roof would be dark brown until mid-1950's, when it became black.
How prevalent was this and can anyone recommend a model paint to match?  I have seen in the past that there may or may not have been brown involved on the earliest lightweight coaches but haven't found any good photos to show this.
<!--#yiv3077948156 p {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}-->--jerry
<mailto:jmlaboda at gmail.com>

"N"quiring minds want to know!!!

HAVING AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE...

PROUD FATHER OF A WINNINGCOSPLAY DAUGHTER!!!

Passenger Car Photo Index --UPDATED 8/2/15 WITH OVER 10,672 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://passcarphotos.info/>

N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/>

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org