NW Dynamometer car

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun May 29 08:17:40 EDT 2016

Pictures available by Google search show at least three different
variations in painting of the N&W dynamometer car, one of which is like
Jerry describes (with the door frame also painted black), one has the
kickplate and the entire door black, and one has the side entirely red.  At
least, courtesy of Richard Shell, we now have correct decals!

Dave Phelps

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 1:25 AM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
> wrote:

> As far as painting the carbody goes you might want to keep in mind that
> N&W had a habit of painting things like door kickplates and the like black.
> This link will show you what I am talking about...
>

> https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns1720.jpeg
>

> >Roof would be dark brown until mid-1950's, when it became black.
>

> How prevalent was this and can anyone recommend a model paint to match?  I
> have seen in the past that there may or may not have been brown involved on
> the earliest lightweight coaches but haven't found any good photos to show
> this.
>
> --
>
> jerry
>
> *<jmlaboda at passcarphotos.info <jmlaboda at gmail.com>> *
>

> *"N"quiring minds want to know!!! HAVING AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE... *
>
> *PROUD FATHER OF A **WINNING **COSPLAY DAUGHTER**!!!*
>
> *Passenger Car Photo Index -- **UPDATED 8/2/15 WITH OVER 10,672 NEW LINKS
> ADDED**!!!*
> <http://passcarphotos.info>
>

> *N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide
> <http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/
> <http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/>>*

--
(Please note my new e-mail address - after 35 years with AOL I exhausted my
patience with their incompetence.  Of course, GMail has its own frustrating