THE SIX P'S

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 11 01:37:46 EST 2016

I use powered machines everywhere, except on the edge where I can get to it without reaching over cars or structures. On my after the fact installs I drill thru thru the center of the throw bar , cork and plywood with a .045 drill bit, so I have a reference under the layout. Then I use a 3/8" brad point bit with a 2 foot extension, and slowly drill up  (really slow, when you approach your goal) until the point of the drill makes the throwbar start to wiggle. Then just clean out the cork from the top side and you're good to go . I had someone on top to give me feedback, but you could use a drill-stop on your bit as well.

Good Luck

Philip