classification lights?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 22 16:02:56 EST 2016

On 1/21/2016 7:09 PM, NW Modeling List wrote:

> I would like to light the classification lights in a GP30. What color
> would be used and would the rear lights be off when running forward?
>
> Thanks - Stephen Rineair

Stephen,
     If a GP30 were running in a territory that required class lights,
they would either be "White" for an "Extra" train, "Green" for a
"Section following" or "extinguished" for a regular train. If it is
running in CTC territory, no lights are required...everything is an
extra. I think most rule books state that a lite unit consist or pusher
consist need only have the rear headlight on "Dim" as a marker.
Different RR's rules vary, if the engine is in pusher service, some may
require red lights to be displayed to the rear as a marker.

Jimmy Lisle