sound decoder ?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Oct 26 07:49:49 EDT 2015

Hi Stephen,
By far and above right now  is TCS's Wow Sound Decoder! Install  it in the
tender with either a commercial speaker enclosure or If you are handy  with
thin plywood's build and enclosure! I recommend a bass reflex install.  In
this way the speaker face is mounted facing the inside of the enclosure.
Seal the edge with some RTV carefully. Done properly you will end up with a
very  good sounding engine. It will also have the volume when needed and also
be able  to be turned down low when not. I have 3 Y3's and Y5's done this way
and during  our clubs holiday show you can hear them across the crowded
room! Make sure to  pack the sides of the enclosure with cotton to keep the
Brass from  rattling!
Enjoy!
Ray Russell Sr.

In a message dated 10/26/2015 6:45:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,