LC-2 vs EL-3a

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jun 9 16:36:14 EDT 2015

Eric & modelers,

                I am attaching a photograph that I took of Simplon electric
2332 in the Swiss Railway Museum located in Lucerne. This locomotive was
similar, albeit smaller than the N&W and VGN electrics. These units are
what me interested in approaching Marklin as they have produced models of
these. You will notice the piping on the side, which are coolers. This is
something the N&W or VGN never tried, but would have helped considerably.
Most of the photos you see have open or missing windows as the locomotives
generated quite a bit of heat.

Regards,
Mason

Moderator: