Swiveling rear engines/the Arrow

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Feb 11 15:37:33 EST 2015

Bob: Jack has had the plans and my write-ups on all six VGN PA Pacifics for about 10 years. The Archive now has many more PA drawings and photos than we had back in the early 2000s.  Up dating the package I send to Jack ( or any other importer or builder) would be easy. The main reason I think that jack did not get many reservations was the price.  BLI could produce a reasonable model at a reasonable price.  Also note, the VGN PA is not a light Pacific. Comparing boiler and firebox size you will find the PA was a truncated USRA light Mountain.  The boiler size being larger than a light Pacific made the PA a bit top heavy.  While the boiler capacity was not needed for VGN passenger trains, it did get a workout when the PAs were used in time freight service.
Note: I also send Jack the drawings for the baggage- mail cars, the coaches  and the Winding Gulf club car.
                                                                                                                                    Harold Davenport