ROUNDHOUSE TRACKS

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Feb 10 15:09:39 EST 2015

Ed,

While I like your idea of whiskers, I do not think it would work as an advantage.  If you have any sound locomotives the sound will be off as soon as the turntable takes the power away.  I do understand a lot of locomotives are moved in and out of the roundhouse not under their own power, some were fired to check repairs.

On another note, I had one of the early Walthers turntables and was never satisfied with it.  The design "sagged" when placed in the hole on the layout, I do not know about the newest release.  If possible I would try and design a support system underneath it.  I opted out and found a Bowser to replace it, Bowser no long makes turntable either.  I would carefully check the Walthers turntable for the sagging.

I do understand your pain,  I am trying to do the scenery behind my roundhouse so I can place it and wire the six tracks into it.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC