Swiveling rear engines/the Arrow

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 7 10:43:50 EST 2015

The articulating rear engine is one of the only details that bother me simply because it is such a large and fundamental deviation from the articulated design.  This issue (and also my limited space) bothers me enough that my layout has a T&OC influence; I haven’t seen any NYC steam locomotives that articulate incorrectly.

Side note - if I happen to be at a train show that Intermountain attends, I always make a point of thanking them for doing the articulation properly.

Kurt, I’ll look for your de-rear-engine-articulation article.  Circleville on the Scioto Division is still in the plans, so I can’t get completely  away from articulation…

Matt