Model Reviews; VGN AG etc.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 6 11:51:42 EST 2015

I agree with that viewpoint. I am perfectly happy with my Rivarossi Y6b's though I know they are not perfect but improved over the years. As many of you remember, this was the only non-brass HO scale N&W steam locomotive produced for years. We ought to be happy that these manufacturers are willing to produce models of our favorite locomotives.
Lois J.Ponton
N&W steam historian

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® III

I read how we need this or that to be perfect per the blueprints we
have. and all this time talking about brass locomotives in HO costing
thousands of dollars. I'm in  N scale and would just be happy to see a A
or Y, which were manufactured several years back, in plastic that was
halfway close to the correct look of the original locomotive.  The only
thing I've seen in the pass ten years has been the J in several
different numbers and paint.  And sadly all I heard was this didn't have
the correct stack or drivers or paint. I am not a rivet counter carrying
a scale rule in my back pocket and Google ready to go on my smart phone.
Unless we decide to build our own locomotives and sell them through the
NWHS it will never happen.
Joe Grzelak

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org