Model reviews

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 30 13:16:00 EST 2015

Ahhh; a response.  I was hoping for that.

First:  Thanks for the info, Kurt.  Good to know.
Second:  Roger, personally I appreciate your $.02.   I've seen your name on
a number of lists that I'm on (one of the joys of retirement).  Now let me
clarify:  When I said "us" I'm referring to the NWHS Modeling Committee and
people we know.  Also, because I wanted to get the information out there, I
should have specified that we might well use multiple ways to spread the
word.

Yes, it's been ages since I saw MR really roast a product; they do have a
magazine to put out.  But, as I noted, they did spell out what I see as the
flaws in the AG.  And I don't have my test track set up to do some of the
testing that they do.  And, not to belabor something that we've beaten to
death on several lists, everyone has to have their own threshold.  The rear
engine swiveling bothers me.  It bothered me, but didn't keep me from
getting some of the Bachman 2-6-6-2's because "I was hurtin" for 2-6-6-2's
at that time.  I know some of the Virginian guys will put up with that, and
take Xacto in paw in change the domes.  But think the non-objective
(measurements, pulling power, etc.)of a review the same way you look at
movie reviews.  In our local fishwrap there are reviewers that over the
years I've learned have more or less my esthetic, and reviewers who will
pan a movie that I'll probably like.  I do that two of my buds are horribly
offended by the fact that the VGN Ertl gon is too short and is missing a
rib; doesn't bother me.  And the plan is to put the name of the
reviewer(s)in the review.  With all that said, yes Roger; I noticed your
name as a "volunteer".  Stay tuned.  [say; think about coming to the Marion
convention and we can discuss this more over coffee <VBG>

Frank Bongiovanni