Virginian AG

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Sep 16 19:21:24 EDT 2014

Steve: When the N&WHS was approached to help with the VGN AG model all we were ask for was the tender drawings. I volunteered to send the drawings for the sand domes and for the placement of the stoker motor under the cab on the locomotive instead of in the tender as on the C&O H8. I was told that all they were interested in was the tender. My response was good luck with your project.  When the model came out  Rivarossi/Hornby asked the Society to give our blessings on the model and review the model in the "Arrow".  We refused, telling the person who made the inquiry that there were too many incorrect details on their model for the Society to accept.  Also the window sash is painted yellow when it should have been red.  D. Harold Davenport

PS. The statement that "the modeler could change the domes if he saw fit" is stupid.  When you spend your money you expect to receive full value for the product that is offered. It would not have cost Rivarossi much to make the three changes listed above.  On another locomotive issue, I have been talking to BWL regarding offering a N&W Y6 made off their Y6b.  The main change would be the smokebox, feedwater heater, and tender shell.  I say talking to BWL since I have not received a response. I am well on the way to making the conversion on one of my BWL Y6b's into a Y6a. The class C tender body will come from one of my BWL class A locomotives.   DHD